Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Old English Homework I Found Somewhere!!!


The time on the digital clock shows 5:00 am. Seconds later, the alarm clock begins its daily deafening wail. Struggling with my bed sheets, I try to go back to sleep. I hit the snooze button and fall head first into my pillow. Five minutes later, I reawake from the same earsplitting screech. This time, instead of hitting snooze, I jump out of bed. I groan as I realize that it’s another morning. “It’s time to get ready to go to school”.

After I leave the door into a world outside the comfort of my bed, it becomes a fight that I must win for that day. I must make sure I get to the subway on time, make sure I don’t miss my bus, and make sure I’m not late. The moment after I swipe into the building before I’m considered late, I am content. And as a result, my duty for the morning is considered complete.

When I was in middle school, I would wake up at 7:00 am, given that my school was only 15 minutes away. I had more time to sleep, and I dismissed at 2 pm. So, the afternoons were always mine. After finishing my homework, I would do whatever it was I desired. In my case it was reading. I always have a book on me. If you ever watched me in the hallways you would see me walking with my eyes glued on to the page (Which isn’t exactly safe. But I never actually bumped into anything or anyone before). I would read on the bus, on the train, every free time I have. Even now, despite the fact that I have homework, I would still read until I fell asleep. The most likely place you would find me is in a library checking out a huge pile of books. Reading is my hobby, and is one of my prime addictions following chocolate. I wouldn’t be satisfied until I had my daily intake of 5 books a day.

Transitioning into high school has been a somewhat exciting experience for me. I had always been a good student, but high school brings challenges that I had to learn to overcome. When it comes to school work, there were a lot of things that surprised me and a lot of things I had already anticipated. I had already predicted that high school would be more workload, more challenging and more diverse. But luckily for me it was actually slighter than my presumptions (Perhaps I assumed too much). My classes were not as hard as I imagined them to be. Even with a longer day, I seem to managed pretty well.  

Foreign Language is a class I really enjoy taking. For most people it causes distress and a lot take it for granted. But for me I pay close attention because Spanish is a language I really want to learn. I also love writing, but not as much as I love to read. I write poetry sometimes.

English for me can sometimes be distressing, but when I put my mind to it, it can be one of the best things ever. For example, I could have written this in the most monotone, boring composition ever. And not even bothered. But I chose to actually have fun writing this because it’s something I like doing. Like they always say, people who read a lot, write a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?